Jungle Island Vacation - Turneffe Flats Belize
Chan Chich Belize jungle vacations and Turneffe Flats combined is a premier Belize jungle resort experience plus Belize's top Island location.
Experience One Of Belize’s Premier Jungle Resorts As Well As Belize’s Top Island Location. The Combination Of Chan Chich And Turneffe Flats Offers The Best Of Both Sides Of Belize. The All-Inclusive Package Described Below Offers A Variety Of Activities As Outlined In Our Eco-Adventure Package Including World-Class Snorkeling, Birding, Dolphin Watching, And Adventuring On The Turneffe Atoll. In Addition, You will Enjoy Archeological Tours Of Mayan Tombs, Canoeing Down Laguna Verde, Horseback Rides Through The Jungle, And Trail walks At Chan Chich
Chan Chich - the Nature Reserve.
Chan Chich is located on a 130,000 acre private nature reserve in Northwestern Belize at the heart of “La Selva Maya”. With an unparalleled abundance of wildlife, not to mention a good chance to see the elusive jaguar in its natural habitat, Chan Chich is an extraordinary destination for naturalists, birders, and for those seeking an authentic retreat to the jungle.
Transfers to/from Chan Chich are not included in the package rate.
Chan Chich Lodge is located on Gallon Jug Estate in north-western Belize. This lies within the largest contiguous forest north of the Amazon basin. Conservation efforts to sustain and preserve the tri-national Maya Forest ("La Selva Maya") are underway with collaborative efforts undertaken in Belize, Guatemala and Mexico. Gallon Jug Estate enjoys a fortunate location at the heart of La Selva Maya, buffered on all sides by forest and/or protected areas. Thanks to the efforts of owner, Barry Bowen, to control hunting and other illegal activities over the past 20+ years, wildlife has thrived.
The 12 thatched-roof cabanas surround two central buildings that contain the reception desk, restaurant, bar, gift shop and reading room. Each cabana, beautifully finished with local exotic hardwoods, is fully screened with ceiling fans, private bath, hot & cold water, 24 hour electricity and a wrap-around verandah with hammocks. Standard cabanas have two queen beds; Deluxe cabanas (recently renovated) comprise one king bed with a spacious luxury bathroom, walk-in closet and mini-bar.
Due to Chan Chich's unique location on Gallon Jug Estate, they are blessed with an abundance of wildlife. Over 350 species of birds have been recorded at Chan Chich, making it one of the world's premier birding destinations - large birds, such as the Ocellated Turkey, Crested Guan and Great Curassow, hunted out in so many other places, are readily seen here as well as a myriad of other species. All five cat species - jaguar, puma, ocelot, margay and jaguarundi - are well represented with jaguars seen at the rate of about one per week, a record that is unmatched elsewhere. Tapir, both white-lipped and collared peccary, brocket and white-tailed deer can be found in great quantities as well as smaller species like tayra, fox, agoutis and kinkajou.
4 Nights Chan Chich/ 3 Nights Turneffe Flats
- Saturday - Receive a person greeting at the airport by a Chan Chich Lodge representative and take a scenic flight over Belize. Later than night enjoy a secluded candlelit dinner and adventure out into the night on a guided night walk – (Dinner)
- Sunday - Immerse yourself in the Maya culture with a casual archeological tour of Maya tombs and plazas. Next, canoe around Laguna Verde while surrounded by local wildlife – (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Monday -Go for an early morning horseback ride through our sub-tropical jungle and then take a relaxing walk on our extensive trail system while learning about our native fauna and their medicinal uses – (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Tuesday - Lamanai Trip: Enjoy an all day tour passing through many of Belizean local communities, then ride via boat for an hour and a half on Belize’s New River spotting local wildlife, and finish with an extensive tour of one of Belize’s largest Mayan ruins. – (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Wednesday - Take an early morning walk while watching and listening to 350 different bird species and then return to Belize City on a private flight. From here, you will be greeted by a Turneffe Flats representative and be transferred to the Princess Marina where Ms. Ellie is docked. After everyone has arrived we will take the 90 minute boat to Turneffe Flats – (Breakfast, Dinner)
- Thursday & Friday - Enjoy a fully guided private island experience. Join us for world-class snorkeling, kayaking, exploring for dolphins, rays and manatees or just relaxing on the Caye – (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Saturday - Transfer to Belize City or Airport - (Breakfast)
4 Nights Turneffe Flats/ 3 Nights Chan Chich
- Saturday - Arrive Belize City and transfer to Turneffe Flats – (Dinner)
- Sunday to Tuesday - Enjoy a fully guided private island experience. Join us for world-class snorkeling, kayaking, exploring for dolphins, rays and manatees or just relaxing on the Caye. Weather permitting, join the divers to snorkel the Blue Hole and take a tour of Lighthouse Reef, home to the Red Footed Booby Birds - (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Wednesday - Transfer to International Airport and receive a personal greeting from a Chan Chich representative then take a scenic flight to Gallon Jug. At night, enjoy a secluded candlelit dinner and adventure out into the night on a guided night walk – (Dinner)
- Thursday - Canoe around Laguna Verde while surrounded by local wildlife and take a relaxing walk on our extensive trail system while learning about our native fauna and their medicinal uses – (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Friday - Immerse yourself in the Maya culture with a casual archeological tour of Mayan tombs and plazas. In the afternoon go for a relaxing horseback ride through the sub-tropical jungle – (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Saturday - Take an early morning walk while watching and listening to 250 different bird species and return to Belize City on a private flight – (Breakfast
Jungle/Diving and Jungle/Fishing Packages are also available upon request.